Wednesday, September 1, 2010

First Day of School


Nervous Excited.
Happy curious.
That's what they were. 

It all started last night.
Dinner. Table set. Family over. 
We prayed for a wonderful school year.





clothes were laid out.
they had been picked and laid out for days.




i created this for each of them.


they both wanted their hair in curlers.


so at 6:45pm, i ran to the store to pick up some extras. 
we weren't sure we had enough.



they slept through the night.
not one fell out.



but in the morning one of them thought is was too curly. so i blew it out. 

out the door. and on our way.



a lil' something for the teachers. 
easy peasy.
home cut flowers
&
recycled bottles
and a little note that says have a great first day







and their off. 
can't wait to hear all about it.
it's gunna be a good one. 
i can just feel it.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT POST!! So glad I read it! It inspires me to do something really special for my girls next week! thank you!

Melissa said...

Kristy,

I absolutely LOVE this post! Your girls look so happy and excited to be going back to school. Love it, love your style, love everything! Hope their first day was GREAT!

Gina said...

Hope they had a GREAT day!!!! They looked so cute! And the flowers. Why didn't I think of that? I might have to copy for "Thanks for a great 1st week!" You have the best attention to detail! Its going to be a great year!

LuLu said...

Sweet sweet post!! You are the BEST, love the flower gift!!! Bravo,
xo,
LuLu

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

what a great way to start the new year. you are such an awesome mom!!

ragamuffinbeauties said...

Such a sweet gesture for the teachers and the girls are just so precious!

Robyn said...

Kristy, your girls are just so adorable! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! I can't wait for my bracelet, I'm so excited! I was thinking of giving it as a gift but I think it's going to be hard to part with! ;-) BTW, would you still like to do a give away? No pressure, just curious! Oh and you do not have to do anything for the blog roll. I'll add you, it's still in draft form.